*The ShowUCAIR Water Heater Rebate Program is closed and no longer accepting applications. Follow us on social media to be informed of any programs.*
Earlier this year, hundreds of Utahns received rebates for exchanging their water heaters during the inaugural ShowUCAIR Water Heater Rebate program. Due to the program’s initial success, Chevron has donated funding for the program to run again, offering eligible Utah homeowners a rebate to cover 50 percent of the total purchase price, including sales tax and installation of a new, ultra-low NOx water heater, up to $500.
“Chevron is proud to have partnered with UCAIR since its founding. By connecting citizens, government, business and nonprofits, UCAIR brings practical action to air quality, an issue of critical importance for Utah. We are excited to once again support this initiative,” said Mitra Kasanschi, general manager of Chevron’s Salt Lake Refinery.
Why should I replace my old water heater?
Residential water heaters and furnaces are a significant source of nitrogen oxide (NOx), a gas that contributes to the formation of ozone and fine particulates (PM2.5) that add to Utah’s air quality issues.
“While there are no perfect answers to improving our air, there are simple and practical solutions. Exchanging your standard water heater for an ultra-low NOx water heater is a simple, and now more affordable, solution to reduce water heater NOx emissions by 75 percent,” said UCAIR’s Executive Director Thom Carter.
Who is eligible for a rebate? *
Only natural gas, ultra-low NOx water heaters purchased after Feb. 26, 2019 are eligible.
- Limit of one rebate per household.
- Applicants must be the owner of the home, which is a primary, private residence not used for commercial or rental purposes.
- New construction homes are not eligible.
- Water heaters must be professionally installed. Water heaters installed by the home owner/purchaser are ineligible.
- Rebates are available only to Utah homeowners living in non-attainment areas in Box Elder, Cache, Davis, Salt Lake, Tooele, Uinta Basin and Utah counties. *
For a full list of the ShowUCAIR Water Heater Rebate program requirements and access to the application, visit https://www.ucair.org/waterheater/.SHARE THIS MESSAGE