Wildfires in the American West are increasing in both size and severity. This year, drought conditions amid a changing climate exacerbate wildfire danger. Join our panelists as they discuss the changing nature of wildfires in the West; wildfire impacts on our air, growth, and quality of life; connections between wildfires and climate change; as well as what can be done to better mitigate and respond to wildfire.
- Andrea Brunelle, Professor, University of Utah Geography Department
- Chris Delaney, Deputy State Fire Management Officer, US Bureau of Land Management
- Kim Frost, Executive Director, UCAIR
- Mitchell Power, Professor, University of Utah Geography Department
- Brenda Bowen, Director, Global Change and Sustainability Center; Co-chair, University of Utah Climate Taskforce (moderator)
Event cosponsor: University of Utah Office of Sustainability
Media sponsor: KCPW
The Hinckley Institute neither supports nor opposes the views expressed in this forum.