Magnum + UCAIR E-Bike Incentive Program
Update (9/28/2023): We are still accepting applications!
For those who have submitted an application, we have started to distribute vouchers in small batches to those who are eligible. Please email email@example.com to inquire about the status of your application.
E-bikes benefit air quality in Utah, contributing to cleaner and healthier environments. As a sustainable transportation option, e-bikes help reduce the reliance on fossil fuel-powered vehicles. The electric motors in e-bikes generate zero emissions, which ultimately improve air quality while offering an easier ride compared to traditional bikes. E-bikes provide a fun way for individuals and communities to make a small change to improve Utah’s air. Every small change adds to a collective bigger step toward better health, a better economy and better overall quality of life for us all.
UCAIR and Magnum Bikes are partnering to offer Utah residents up to $800 off the purchase of select Magnum e-bikes and up to $1,200 off select Magnum cargo e-bikes. For eligible income-qualified Utah residents, these voucher amounts go up to $1,000 and $1,400 respectively.
The vouchers offered through this program will be applied as an upfront discount on the original sale price of select Magnum commuter, mountain, cruiser and cargo e-bikes.
Two levels of vouchers are available: standard and income-qualified.
All Utah residents (age 18+) can save:
■ $600 on select commuter e-bikes
■ $800 on select cruiser e-bikes
■ $1,200 on select cargo e-bikes
Eligible Utah residents who meet income-qualified requirements can save:
■ $800 on select commuter e-bikes
■ $1,000 on select cruiser e-bikes
■ $1,400 on select cargo e-bikes
What is an E-Bike?
Electric bikes pedal and handle similar to regular bikes and use many of the same components. However, the specific features that make an e-bike unique are its motor, battery, and drivetrain. These parts are what make the bike “electric.”
This electric component assists human power. It does not entirely replace it. It makes obstacles like hills more manageable and allows you to travel farther. Compared to a regular bike, e-bikes require less effort to maintain a comfortable commuting speed, meaning you arrive at your destination without the sweat!
Which E-Bike Fits My Lifestyle Best?
Commuter e-bikes are built for everyday comfort and are road-focused for navigating urban landscapes. They have a casual yet mildly active riding position which allows you to maintain control and efficiency without being in an aggressive seating position. As the name implies, these bikes are perfect for those looking to use an e-bike for their daily commute.
Need an option that transitions from paved paths to mountain trails? Some e-bikes in this category, like the Summit, are designed to transition well from a commuter bike during the week to a mountain bike on the weekend.
Cruiser e-bikes are designed for a more leisurely ride with a comfort-focused and pedal-forward position. They have larger and more comfortable seats, curved handlebars to conform to the rider’s wrists, and an upright and relaxed riding position. The cruisers allow your body to be in an open seating position and are comfortable for casual rides. Cruiser e-bikes truly invite you to “cruise” along paths for a more laid-back cycling experience.
The pickup truck of electric bikes, cargo e-bikes are built to carry heavier loads and child carriers without putting extra strain on the rider. They can handle all sorts of tasks that might need some extra space, such as hauling work equipment and deliveries, shopping for weekly groceries, or running errands with the kids. Cargo e-bikes are built for utility, strength, and reliability, offering a practical and fun option for your versatile needs.
All models come equipped with rear racks and fenders, making them more practical for carrying luggage and riding in inclement weather.
How to Apply
- To apply for a voucher code, please click the “Apply” button below to complete an online application and submit all relevant supporting documentation.
- All applicants will be asked to upload proof of a physical address in Utah, and those applying for an income-qualified voucher will be asked to upload additional proof of income.
- The application will ask you to choose a category of e-bike (Commuter, Cruiser, or Cargo). You will also be asked to provide contact information and give consent to receive updates about the program.
- Once your application has been received, program staff will verify the information and review all submitted documentation to determine your eligibility. If further information or documentation is required, you may be contacted by a member of the program team.
- If your application is approved, you will receive an email containing a unique voucher code, redeemable on the Magnum Bikes website toward the purchase of one of the select e-bike models in the category chosen during your application.
- If your application is not approved, you will be notified via email.
- After you redeem your voucher, the Magnum Bikes team will contact you to schedule an appointment for you to pick up your e-bike at a Magnum Bikes store or authorized retailer. Please note that delivery is not available for this program.
Vouchers will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 1,000 eligible applicants. Vouchers are limited to one per person. A waitlist will be established after the application limit is reached.
Frequently Asked Questions
Magnum Bikes established their headquarters in Salt Lake City in 2015 and has since grown a robust local presence with flagship retail stores and authorized retailers across Utah. As a local company, Magnum Bikes is able to offer in-person customer support and access to representatives for maintenance, repairs, and inquiries. Additionally, as a Utah brand, Magnum Bikes is committed to UCAIR’s statewide mission of reducing emissions and improving air quality by replacing more car trips with e-bike rides. To learn more about the brand and their mission, you can watch a short video here.
The funding for this program is made possible through a collaborative partnership between Magnum Bikes and UCAIR, a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit and nongovernmental organization. Importantly, no public funds or taxpayer dollars are used to fund this program.
- Refer to the suggested height ranges listed on the Magnum Bikes website for each model of e-bike.
- Compare the differences between the Commuter, Cruiser, and Cargo e-bikes offered through this program to find the best match for your lifestyle.
- Speak with a Magnum Bikes representative by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by texting/calling 801-810-8480 to discuss your e-bike preferences and needs.
- Experience the different e-bikes firsthand by visiting a Magnum Bikes store and taking one for a spin before you buy!
Yes, Magnum Bikes provides flexible monthly payment plans with interest rates as low as 0% through both Affirm and Bread Pay. These options allow you to enjoy your e-bike immediately while paying in installments over 6, 12, or 24 months. You will find these payment plan options in the final stage of checkout on the Magnum Bikes website.
You can ride e-bikes in most areas where traditional bicycles are allowed. Specific regulations for different classes of e-bikes in Utah can be found on Magnum Bikes’ blog: E-Bikes Utah: Where Can I Ride? For more specific information about riding e-bikes in Salt Lake City, be sure to also check out the following blog post: E-Bikes Salt Lake City: Where Can I Ride?
Selecting a type of bike allows us to issue your initial voucher, but rest assured, it can be changed later if you decide on a different model.